Duration : Flexible | Location : Remote
IVUnited is a non-profit organization, based in Greece and operating internationally. We are a think tank working primarily as an incubator for philanthropic projects. We support independent grassroot initiatives and help them grow by providing them with the tools, training, strategies and networks that their causes need. We also work on the development of national and international projects, networks and tools that can facilitate the way we as a society can create a better future for all.
Our work is rooted in interdisciplinary practices and holistic strategic thinking, blending the fields of activism, foresight, design, governance and technology.
Our Motto is “Create Reality”, by which we mean that our main objective is to have a real long-term impact on the people and communities that we support. Our focus if to create pieces of future for a world worth dreaming of.
About the mission
We are looking for Volunteers’ Director who will supervise the recruitment, onboarding and management of volunteers helping IVUnited and our causes.
For this purpose, we invite non-profit specialists, management experts, human resource managers and other relevant experts to volunteer with us in order to help us improve (or re-design) and streamline our recruitment and onboarding frameworks.
Type of contract : volunteering agreement
We are looking for experienced managers and non-profit specialists with a track record in team management and volunteering.
As a Director of Volunteering you will lead the operations around volunteers recruitment and management, as well as help recruit new team members with whom you will carry out all volunteering management operations.
- Recruitment: Build a strong new team able to orchestrate and carry out all managerial needs involved in IVUnited’s volunteering activities.
- Define a recruitment and onboarding journey that suits your team’s managerial style and assign responsibilities to your team members
- Management: Streamline volunteers recruitment channels by managing recruitment templates and onboarding packages
- Needs Assessments: the needs of lead volunteers and project leaders in order to quantify logistic, technological and financial needs that arise. Relay those needs to the Funding and Resource Management team
- Help launch and grow the volunteers community on Slack
- Along with your team, determine an events calendar for the volunteers community in order to increase volunteers engagement and sense of belonging
- Manage volunteers contracts reception and filing
- Keep an eye out for new interesting recruitment channels, volunteers recruitment and/or management partnerships as well as volunteers hosting opportunities around the world.
- You have extensive experience in management
- You have experience in non-profit work and/or volunteering
- You are tech-savvy and enjoy working digitally
- You are independently driven, motivated and have no problem taking initiatives or asking for what you need in order to get things done
- Strong team building capabilities
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive, solutions-driven and proactive mindset.
- Detail-oriented approach and strong time-management skills.
- Existing general knowledge about the main topics driving activism and our shared desire for societal change today. Sensibility and respect for the complexity behind world issues and current paradigm shifts occurring primarily around environmental and climate justice, gender equality, LGBTQIA+ rights, BIPOC rights, human rights, peace building, biomimicry, renewable energy and regenerative design.
WHAT WE OFFER
– Volunteering certificates & accomplishment awards based on the work done, funds acquired and/or time dedicated towards IVUnited’s mission to support the creation of hopeful pieces of future for our world.
– Remote work
– Flexible collaboration agreements
– Non-mandatory access to the IVCube incubation program : We offer to our volunteers the possibility to work in parallel on a personal project they care about, and benefit from all our tools and support during their time with us and for as long as their project will need us after that.
To apply, please send us your resume (or Linkedin link) with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.