Duration : Flexible | Location : Remote
IVUnited is a non-profit organization, based in Greece and operating internationally. We are a think tank working primarily as an incubator for philanthropic projects. We support independent grassroot initiatives and help them grow by providing them with the tools, training, strategies and networks that their causes need. We also work on the development of national and international projects, networks and tools that can facilitate the way we as a society can create a better future for all.
Our work is rooted in interdisciplinary practices and holistic strategic thinking, blending the fields of activism, foresight, design, governance and technology.
Our Motto is “Create Reality”, by which we mean that our main objective is to have a real impact on the people and communities that we support. Our focus if to create pieces of future for a world worth dreaming of.
About the mission
We are looking for a fundraising lead able to supervise and coordinate all fundraising operations within our organization with the exception of EU funding programs.
IVUnited has been a fully self-funded organization since our inception in 2016 and we are only now exploring ways in which we can acquire funding through donations and grants, as with our accelerating growth our operational needs are close to surpassing our financing capabilities.
For this purpose, we invite fundraising specialists, strategists and experienced fundraising executives to volunteer with us in order to help us design a fundraising strategy and operational plan that is mindful of IVUnited multidisciplinary values and holistic cooperative practices.
Type of contract : volunteering agreement or commission-based contract
We are looking for experienced fundraising specialists.
As a fundraising lead you will work closely with IVUnited’s founders and project leads in order to map out the organization’s funding acquisition needs and fundraising objectives.
- Actively research fundraising and funding opportunities.
- Initiate & schedule fundraising events based on relevant fundraising opportunities and networks
- Advise upon and coordinate the submission of funding applications.
- Lead on the account management of Institutional Donors, Trusts, and Foundation partnerships ensuring regular contact, updates, and reports.
- Identify potential allies, supporter and partners who will be aligned with our organization’s work and values in order to support our fundraising efforts.
- Develop relationships with major donors, identify new potential major donors, and nurture relationships.
- Liaising with the pr & marketing, and social media teams in order to develop promotional fundraising material.
- Manage fundraising team
- Identify potential sponsors for fundraising events.
- You have experience in fundraising and developing funding strategies
- You are fluent in English, able to coordinate, write or edit compelling funding and fundraising material
- Budget preparation and financial management experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Positive, solutions-driven and proactive mindset.
- Detail-oriented approach and strong time-management skills.
- Existing general knowledge about the main topics driving activism and our shared desire for societal change today. Sensibility and respect for the complexity behind world issues and current paradigm shifts occurring primarily around environmental and climate justice, gender equality, LGBTQIA+ rights, BIPOC rights, human rights, peace building, biomimicry, renewable energy and regenerative design.
WHAT WE OFFER
– Volunteering certificates & accomplishment awards based on the work done, funds acquired and/or time dedicated towards IVUnited’s mission to support the creation of hopeful pieces of future for our world.
– Flexible collaboration agreements
– Non-mandatory access to the IVCube incubation program : We offer to our volunteers the possibility to work in parallel on a personal project they care about, and benefit from all our tools and support during their time with us and for as long as their project will need us after that.
To apply, please send us your resume (or Linkedin link) with a brief introduction to firstname.lastname@example.org.