IVBOARD MEMBER – SPECIALIZATION : DESIGN
Duration : 6 – 12 months | Location : Remote
IVUnited is a non-profit organization, based in Greece and working internationally. We are an incubator for philanthropic projects. We support independent grassroot initiatives and help them grow by providing them with the tools, training, strategies and networks that their causes need.
Our work is rooted in interdisciplinary practices and holistic strategic thinking, blending the fields of activism, foresight, design, governance and technology.
Our Motto is “Create Reality”, by which we mean that our main objective is to have a real impact on the people and communities that we support. Our focus if to create pieces of future for a world worth dreaming of.
About the mission
Since our inception, IVUnited has focused its methods on
– smart holistic development
– interdisciplinary approaches
– multiplicity of perspectives
– simplicity and instinctive design of tools and projects rooted in biomimicry and evolutionary studies
In sum we have always strived to create pieces of future that can feel as humane, alive and creative as the world we live in rather than like protocols and corporate results.
In order to achieve this, polymathy and pluridisciplinary thinking has been our drive.
Now, as our organization grows, we wish to carry these polymathic values to the next level, by assembling a board of members and advisors from diverse fields and backgrounds.
In the design of our board, we are following the model of the Krebs Cycle of Creativity. The Krebs Cycle of Creativity (designed by Neri Oxman, MIT) is a biomimetic cartographic tool (inspired by the Krebs cycle of cellular energy generation) that observes the ways in which the fields of Science, Art, Design and Engineering are not only connected but also nourish and innovate each other while (trans)forming the world we live in.
We refer to our board as the IVAgora.
We are looking for a Board Member specialized in Design
As a member of the IVAgora you will be part of a multidsciplinary team of leaders, and you will play a key role in the polymathic exploration of the future of IVunited. Your vision, skills, advice and opinion will help guide the development of future incubation frameworks supporting the launch and growth of philanthropic projects, grassroot initiatives, non-profit organizations, cooperatives and social enterprises around the world.
- Participate in IVUnited’s monthly strategic meeting
- Represent IVUnited’s design vision through speaking engagements during conferences and with the media (encouraged but not mandatory)
- On your terms and according to your schedule’s possibilities, support IVUnited incubees by serving as a mentor and advisor (encouraged but not mandatory)
- Fill out a bi-annual collaboration agreement in which we will together determine the terms of your participation in the advisory team of IVUnited and personalize the position to your specific skills, goals, and schedule.
- You have an admirable track record in design, communication, creative direction, design research or data visualization.
- Fluency in English with good writing skills
- Strong passion and dedication for future-driven environments
- Strong passion and dedication towards impact-driven work and the support of global causes
WHAT WE OFFER
Volunteering positions do not receive a monetary compensation.
Flexible collaboration agreements
Non-mandatory access to the IVCube incubation program : We offer all our volunteers the possibility to join IVCube as an incubee, and benefit from all our tools and support during their time with us and for as long as their project will need us after that.
To apply, please send us your resume (or Linkedin link) and short introduction email to firstname.lastname@example.org.